Built in 1945, by the Consolidated Shipbuilding Corporation of Morris Heights, New York (hull #YTB-541) as the YTB-541 (Ozette) for the United Stated Navy.
The tug's keel was laid down on February 20th, 1945. She was launched on May 14th, 1945. And she was commissioned as the YTB-541 (Ozette) October 31st, 1945.
She was allocated to the 1st Naval District at Boston, Massachusetts. Where the tug provided harbor services there until 1949. When she was reassigned to the Advanced Bases Atlantic. In 1958, she was returned to Boston, Massachusetts.
In 1962, the United Stated Navy redesignated the tug as the YTM–541 (Ozette). Where she continued to operate at Boston, Massachusetts.
In 1970, she was struck from the Naval Register. And the tug was disposed of by the Defense reutilization, and Marketing Service (DRMS). For exchange, sale or reuse or conversion. Where she was renamed as the Dirigo.
In 1980, the tug was acquired by the Crescent Towing and Salvage Company Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Port Allen.
In 2016, she was removed from active service, and went out of documentation. Where she was "laid up" at New Orleans, Louisiana. The tug was single screw, rated at 2,400 horsepower.