Built in 1904, by Neafie and Levy Ship and Engine Building Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (hull #985) as the Catherine Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1907, the tug was acquired by the Isthmian Canal Commission of Colon, Panama. Where the tug was renamed as the Cocoli.
The Isthmian Canal Commission, was an American administration commission set up to oversee the construction of the Panama Canal in the early years of American involvement.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,000 horsepower.