Built in 1939, by the Mare Island Naval Shipyard at Vallejo, California (hull #YT134) as the YT-134 (Wahneta) for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid down on September 29th, 1938. She was launched on May 4th, 1939. And commissioned as the YT-134 (Wahneta) on June 23rd, 1939. Named for Waneta (or "Wahneta") a Chief if the Sioux Indian Tribe.
On May 15th, 1944 the tug was redesignated as the YTM-134 (Wahneta). On December 30th, 1946, she was decommissioned. The tug was struck from the Naval Register on December 30th, 1946. On June 2nd, 1947 the tug was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal.
In 1947, she was acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the C. Stewart Lee.
In 1958, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the Curtis Bay Towing Company operated as an affiliate of the Moran Towing Company. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1971, she was acquired by the Bay Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug was renamed as the Bay Prince.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by the Indian River Towing Company of Wilmington, Delaware. Where the tug was renamed as the Marie Swann.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 950 horsepower.
(NavSource Online, Dave Boone, Bill Roberts)