Built in 1943, by Froemming Brothers of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (hull #897) as the Bald Head for the United States Navy.
She was a A V4-M-A1 class tug. A 186(ft) oceangoing tug, of which forty-nine were built for the United States Navy. By various shipyards throughout the United States for wartime service.
In 1943, the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York was contracted to man and operate the tug for the United States Navy.
In 1946, she was returned to the United States Navy.
In 1969, the tug was acquired by the Mexican Navy, where she was designated as the R-5.
In 1979, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 2,250 horsepower.