Built in 1946, by Harry A. Marvel and Company of Newburgh, New York (hull #229) as the C. Hayward Meseck for the Meseck Towing and Transportation Company of New York, New York.
In 1954, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Alice M. Moran.
In 1968, she was renamed by the Moran Towing Company as the Margaret Moran.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,000 horsepower.