Built in 1943, by the Basalt Rock Company of Napa, California as the BARS-1 for the United States Maritime Commission.
The tug was launched on August 22nd, 1942. She was completed on May 20th 1943. Where she was transferred to the Canadian Royal Navy under a Lend Lease program. The tug was placed in service as 0368 (Caledonian Salvor). And, assigned to the Commonwealth Salvage Board as a salvage and repair ship in New Guinea.
In 1945, she was turned over to Australia under another Lend Lease program. The tug was acquired by the Australian Navy on August 5th, 1948. However, it is unknown when she was placed out of service by the Australian Navy.
In 1958, the tug was acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Where she was renamed as the Sudbury II and reflagged in Fiji.
In 1960, Island Tug and Barge was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the company became a subsidiary of McAllister Towing Limited Montreal of Montreal, Canada. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1969, Island Tug and Barge Limited was acquired by Genstar Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1981, she was converted for service as a fishing vessel. Where she was renamed as the Lady Pacific. However, in 1982. She sank off of Prince Rupert Island, British Columbia.
She was powered by two, Cooper Bessemer diesel electric engines. With two, Fairbanks Morse reduction gears. For a rated 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by two, diesel driven 200kW/120V DC generators. And one, diesel driven 60kW/120V DC generator. The tug's capacities where 2,300 barrels of diesel fuel, and 2,450 gallons of gasoline.