Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
JEFFERSON
Pictured as: the Jefferson (River Parishes Company) Photo by: Wallace Rossler

Built in 1948, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #326) as the McCune.

In 1983, the tug was acquired by the Steers Sand and Gravel Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the J. Rich Steers.

In 1986, she was acquired by the Newport Oil Company of Newport, Rhode Island. Where she was renamed as the J.T. O'Connell.

In 1987, the Newport Oil Company was later acquired by SeaBoats Incorporated of Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Where the tug was renamed as the King Philip.

In 1994, the tug was acquired by the River Parishes Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Jefferson.

In 2007, the River Parishes Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut. Where the tug retained her name.

In 2010, she was acquired by Overseas Logistics Maritime of Metairie, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.

In 2011, the tug was acquired by the L.R. Maritime Company of Richmond, Virginia. Where she retained her name. However, the tug was transferred to operations in Columbia, South America. She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,800 horsepower.
(Roger Francis, Tom Rush)


  • Vessel Name: JEFFERSON
  • USCG Doc. No.: 0255969
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • IMO Number: 05166952
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WDC3088
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 326
  • Ship Builder: GULFPORT BOILER & WELDING
  • Year Built: 1948
  • Length: 95.2
  • Hailing Port: NEW ORLEANS, LA.
  • Hull Depth: 10.5
  • Hull Breadth: 24.1
  • Gross Tonnage: 187
  • Net Tonnage: 77
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    McCune, J. Rich Steers, J.T. O'Connell, KING PHILIP, JEFFERSON
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Steers Sand & Gravel Co., Newport Oil Co., SeaBoats Inc., RIVER PARISHES CO INC, MORAN TOWING CORPORATION, OVERSEAS LOGISTICS MARITIME LLC, L.R. MARITIME LLC