Built in 1952, by Port Houston Iron Works of Houston, Texas (hull # 75) a the Robert W. Groves for the Atlantic Towing Company of Savannah, Georgia.
In 1990, the Atlantic Towing Company was acquired by the Turecamo Coastal and Harbor Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the David Turecamo.
In 1998, Turecamo Maritime was acquired by the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation, her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,845 horsepower.