Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login

Built in 1882, by Neafie and Levy of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (hull #730) as the R.G. Townsend for the Cornell Steamboat Company of New York, New York.

In 1951, the tug was acquired by McAllister Brothers Towing of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name. However, the tug was acquired only for scrapping. She was a single screw tug, rated at 348 horsepower.

  • Vessel Name: R.G. TOWNSEND
  • USCG Doc. No.: 0110549
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Hull Number: 730
  • Ship Builder: Neafie and Levy Engine Building Company
  • Year Built: 1882
  • Length: 81.6
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 8.5
  • Hull Breadth: 20.5
  • Gross Tonnage: 83
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    R.G. Townsend
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Cornell Steamboat Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co.