Built in 1905, by Robert Palmer and Sons of Noank, Connecticut as the John Arbuckle for the J. Arbuckle Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1948, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1958, she went out of documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.