Built in 1931, by Manitowoc Shipbuilding of Manitowoc, Wisconsin (hull #268) as the Harry B. Williams for the Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company of Oak Brook, Illinois.
In 1955, the tug was acquired by the Puerto Rico Lighterage Company of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Where she was renamed as the Charles E. Dunlap.
In 1962, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Jeffery K. McAllister.
In 1967, the tug was acquired by the Coastline Towing Corporation of Providence, Rhode Island. Where the tug was renamed as the Brayton Point.
In 1983, the tug was seized authorities at Boston, Massachusetts with a full cargo of marijuna bales.
In 1984, she was acquired by the Boston Fuel Transportation Company of Boston, Massachusetts (a subsidiary of the Reinauer Transportation Company of Staten Island, New York). Where she was dismantled for her electronic gear.
The tug was later acquired by Global International Leasing and Sales Corporation of Savannah, Georgia. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.