Built in 1930, by Kensington Shipyard of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the Van Dyke 4 for the Atlantic Refining Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1953, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the James McAllister.
In 1977, she was acquired by the Hayes Tug and Launch Company of Wallingford, Pennsylvania. Where the tug was renamed the Big Shot.
In 2004, she was acquired by an individual named Gerald M. Voynik. Where the tug was renamed as the Constant.
However, the tug is no longer listed in documentation. Repowered in 1957, she was a single screw tug. Rated at 1,080 horsepower.