Built in 1944, by Minneford Yacht Yard of City Island, New York (hull #LT 494) as the LT-494 for the United States Army.
She was eventually acquired by the Card Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the Harry Card.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1950, she was acquired by the Cornell Steamboat Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Thomas Cornell.
In 1959, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Jean Nelson. The tug is no longer in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.