Built in 1919, at East Boothbay, Maine as the Nathaniel P. Doane.
The tug was later acquired by the Koppers Coal Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Thor.
In 1948, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Grace McAllister.
In 1952, the tug went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was single screw, rated at 500 horsepower.