Built in 1930, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Mariner's Harbor, Staten Island, New York (hull #792) as the DuBois II for the Henry DuBois and Sons Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1956, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1971, she went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. The tug was single screw, rated at 950 horsepower.