Built in 1944, by Decatur Iron and Steel of Decatur, Alabama (hull #DPC-42) as the DPC-42 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
The tug was later sold. Where she was renamed as the Skipper, and then as the Viatic
In 1957, she was acquired by the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company (New Haven Transport Company) of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Dalzellance.
In 1965, the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1967, the tug was acquired by Thomas J. Brown and Son of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Cecilia J. Brown.
In 1993, the tug was scuttled. She was single screw, rated at 700 horsepower.