Built in 1910, by Globe Iron Works of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #449) as the E.C. Dempsey for the Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company of Oak Brook, Illinois.
She was eventually sold. Where she was renamed as the George H. Jackson.
In 1963, the tug was acquired by the Nickerson Marine Towing Company of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Gladiator.
In 1969, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Barbara McAllister.
In 1989, she went out of documentation. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,440 horsepower.