Built in 1970, by the Marinette Marine Corporation of Marinette, Wisconsin (hull #YTB 792) as the YTB-792 (Antigo) for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid down on September 27th, 1966. She was launched on April 18th, 1967. And, the tug was delivered to the United States Navy on July 10th, 1967.
The tug was placed in service and allocated to the 6th Naval District and based at Charleston, South Carolina. The date she was removed from service is unknown. She was struck from the Naval Register on June 26th, 1999. And was sold by GSA for commercial service, on May 17th, 2000.
In 2000, the tug was acquired by McAllister Towing and Transportation, of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Donal G. McAllister.
In 2002, she was repowered/reconfigured. Originally powered by a single Fairbanks Morse 10 cylinder diesel engine. Turning a single propeller, for rated at 2,000 horsepower. She was repowered with a single EMD 16-645-E5 Turbo diesel engine. Driving a single Schottel 1515 variable pitch "z-drive," for a rated 3,000 horsepower. Her original underwater Submarine fendering was kept, and refurbished.
The tug has a capacity of 22,900 gallons of fuel oil, 710 gallons of lube oil and 1,240 gallons of potable water.
She is outfitted with a Goulds 6-71 fire pump capable of producing 2,000 Gallons Per Minute. Married with two fire monitors rated for a 1,500 Gallon Per Minute foam capacity.
Her deck gear consists of a JonRie InterTech 200 series bow winch. Outfitted with 450(ft) of 7(in) Neutron rope.