Built in 1937, by H.C. Hanson of Seattle, Washington as the Ruby II for the General Construction Company of Seattle, Washington.
She was a small tug designed as a link on the Ross Lake railroad spur to Ross Dam. The tug was brought into the Cascade Mountains by railroad car in 1937.
The tug was later sold, where she was renamed as the Discovery.
In 2007, the tug was acquired by the Western Towboat Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Fearless.
In 2012, she was acquired by an individual named Brian Parke of Gold Bar, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Patron.
Powered by a single, Washington diesel engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 160 horsepower.
(Captain Mark Freeman, Captain Ric Shrewsbury)