Built in 1969, by Peterson Builders Incorporated of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (hull # YTB 805) as the YTB-805 (Ocala) for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid on August 20th, 1969 and she was launched on March 30th, 1970. The tug was delivered to the United States Navy on September 19th, 1970. She was assigned to the Naval Base at La Maddalena, Italy.
It is unknown the exact date she was placed out of service by the United States Navy. She was struck from the Naval Register on October 28th, 1997. Where she was transferred to the Defense reutilization and Marketing Service (DRMS) for sale or reuse.
In 2000, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Towing and Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Beth M. McAllister. Named for Beth McAllister, wife of McAllister Towing and Transportation President, and CEO; Buckley McAllister.
In 2003, the tug was rebuilt, and reconfigured. Originally powered by a single, ten cylinder, Fairbanks Morse diesel engine rated at 2,000 horsepower. The tug was repowered with two, Caterpillar 3512 diesel engines. Driving with two, Schottel SRP 1010 z-drives for a rated 3,000 horsepower.
The Beth M. McAllister was the fifth conversion of a United States Naval tug by McAllister Towing. From a single screw configuration, to a z-drive configuration. And, the third conversion to feature twin z-drives. She was the eighth tractor tug to enter service for the McAllister Towing and Transportation Company.
She was also outfitted with a JonRie InterTech 200 winch on her bow. Equipped with 450(ft) of 7(in) Neutron rope. Her original underwater submarine fendering was kept, and refurbished.
The tug's capacities are 20,000 gallons of fuel oil, 710 gallons of lube oil and 1,290 gallons of potable water. She was outfitted with new fire fighting equipment that included a Goulds pump rated at 2,000 Gallons Per Minute. Feeding two fire monitors with a 1,500 Gallon Per Minute foam capacity. Driven by a single 6-71 diesel engine.