Built in 1952, by RTC Shipbuilding Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey (hull #209) as the Shamokin for the Reading Railroad Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1991, the tug was acquired by Express Marine Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Russell B. Murray.
Named for Russel B. Murray. President of operations, whom had retired. He was described as a mentor and one of the finest people his coworkers had ever worked for. He is also a Delaware River docking pilot and has handled many ships and tugboats.
In 2010, she was "laid up" at Express Marine Incorporated's yard in Camden, New Jersey. Located behind Petty's Island on the Delaware River.
In 2014 the tug was acquired by Blaha Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the Alfred Walker.
Powered by a single, Faribanks Morse 38D-8 diesel engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Bernard Martin, Wayne Huebschman)