Built in 1919, as the Cannery Tender Hoonah.
She was later acquired by the Foss Launch and Tug Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was converted for use as a towing vessel. Where she retained her name.
The tug was later acquired by the Delta Smyth Towing Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she retained her name.
In 1950, she was acquired by the Western Towboat Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1953, the tug was sold. Where she retained her name.
In 1975, she was lost after grounding on the south jetty at Grays Harbor. Off of the coast of Washington State.
Originally powered by a single, Co diesel engine, rated at 180 horsepower. The tug was repowered with a Hendy diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 200 horsepower.
(Captain Ric Shrewsbury, Kyle Stubbs)