Built in 1967, by Burton Shipyard Incorporated of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #413) as the El Buffalo Grande for Tidewater Marine Services Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana.
In 1986, the tug was acquired by Tweed Towing Incorporated of Richmond, California. Where she was renamed as the Pacific Falcon.
In 1991, Tweed Towing Incorporated was acquired by the Brix Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington. And the company's operations were merged into the Brix Maritime subsidiary Sea Coast Transportation Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by Harley Marine Services Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where she retained her name.
Powered by two, EMD 16-645-E2 diesel engines. With, Falk 1640 MRP reduction gears, at a ratio of 3.577:1. Turning two, 108(in) by 72(in), four bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propellers. For a rated 3,960 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, 75kW generator set. Driven by a single Detroit Diesel 6-71 diesel engine. And a 75kW generator set, driven by a single Detroit Diesel 4-71 diesel engine. The tug's capacities are 92,000 gallons of fuel, 7,400 gallons of water, 1,600 gallons of lube oil, and 300 gallons of hydraulic oil.
The towing gear consists of a Rapp Hydema towing winch. Outfitted with 2,600(ft) of 2.25(in) towing wire.