Built in 1908, by the Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company of Newport News, Virgina (hull #84) as the Bath for Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroad Company of Lackawanna, New Jersey.
In 1958, the tug was acquired by the Portsmouth Navigation Company of Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Where she retained her name.
In 1981, the Portsmouth Navigation Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1986, she was acquired Hartley Marine Services Incorporated of Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2009, the tug was acquired by Ocean Barges and Tug Logistics of Port Au Prince, Haiti. Where the tug retained her name.
Originally a steam powered tug. She was repowered in 1959, with a single, Fairbanks Morse, opposed piston, diesel engine. In 1998, the tug was repowered again. With a single, ten cylinder Fairbanks Morse ten, opposed piston, diesel engine. With a Lufkin 3020 reduction gear, at a ratio of 4:1. Turning a single, 102(in) by 64(in), stainless steel, fixed pitch propeller. For a rated 1,800 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by a 55kW AC generator, driven by a Catapillar D-330 diesel engine. And a, 50kW AC generator, driven by a Detroit 3-71 diesel engine. The tug's capacities where 14,000 gallons of fuel, 35,000 gallons of ballast, 2,000 gallons of potable water, and 250 gallons of lube oil.
(Paul Strubeck, Captain Eric Takakjian)