Built in 1984, by the Western Towboat Company Incorporated of Seattle, Washington (hull #2) as the Ocean Mariner for the Western Towboat Company of Seattle, Washington.
She was the fourth Mariner class tug built by the Western Towboat Company. The tug's hull is constructed of steel, with the pilot house, and superstructure constructed of aluminum.
Powered by two, Caterpillar 3516 diesel engines. With Twin Disc 1027 reduction gears, at a ratio of 7:1. Turning two, 96(in) by 78(in) stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 3,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 50kW Caterpillar 3304 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 60,000 gallons of fuel, and 750 gallons of lube oil.
The towing gear consists of a single drum, Rapp Hydema towing winch. Outfitted with 2,500(ft) of 2(in) towing wire.
(Captain Ric Shrewsbury, Captain Russell Shrewsbury)