Built in 1931, by Ira S. Bushey and Sons Shipyard of Brooklyn, New York (hull #444) as the Ellen Bushey for the Spentonbush Fuel Transport Service Incorporated of Brooklyn, New York
In 1941, the vessel was requisitioned by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YO-51.
In 1946, she was acquired by the Morania Oil Tanker Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Morania Marlin.
In 1951, the tanker was acquired by the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York. Where she was named as the Albert H. Reinauer.
In 1956, she was sold. And, renamed as the Mary Ann McKay.
In 1962, the vessel was acquired by the Eklof Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Chem Trader.
In 2001, she was acquired by Island Trader Shipping Company in Guyana, where she retained her name.
The tanker had a capacity of 5,000(bbls).
(Jeffery Schurr, Robert Mattsson)