Built in 1945, by the Walsh Construction Company of Jersey City, New Jersey for the Walsh Construction Company of Jersey City, New Jersey.
The tug was later acquired by the Northland Vessel Leasing Company of Olympia, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Kantishna.
In 2006, she was acquired by Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2009, the tug was acquired by the King River Company of Palmer, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Grayling. And, was converted for use as a freight barge. She was a triple screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.