Built in 1962, by Equitable Equipment of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #1234) as the Colonial for the Bronx Towing Line Incorporated of New York, New York.
In 1979, the tug was acquired by the Hudson River Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the H.R. 1.
In 1980, she was acquired by the Morania Oil Tanker Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Morania No. 24.
In 1989, she acquired by the Turecamo Coastal and Harbor Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Betty Jean Turecamo.
In 1995, the tug was acquired by the New York Marine Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Anna V. McKay.
In 2001, she was acquired by Russell Trip of the Bay State Towing Company of Boston, Massachusetts. Where the tug was renamed as the Molly.
In 2005, she was acquired by the Constellation Maritime Company of Manchester, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as the Orion.
In 2006, the Constellation Maritime Company was acquired by the Foss Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2006, she was acquired by Hunt Marine Incorporated of Narragansett, Rhode Island. Where she was renamed as the Charlene Hunt.
In 2013, the tug was acquired by Bolivian Interests. Where the tug retained her name. However, while towing MV Lyubov Orlova to the Dominican Republic. The tug encountered dangerous conditions and was forced to abandon the tow. The tug was ordered back to St. John’s harbor in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Where the tug remained until the incident investigation concluded. The current and or final disposition is unclear.
Powered by a single, sixteen cylinder, Alco diesel engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch, propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 3,000 horsepower.
(Captain Christopher Roehrig)