Built in 1966, by the Equitable Equipment Company of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #1428) as the New Haven for the Red Star Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1977, the Red Star Towing Company was acquired by the Hess Oil Corporation of New York, New York. To form the Spentonbush-Red Star Companies of Brooklyn, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
The Spentonbush-Red Star Companies eventually became the Marine Division of the Hess Oil Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1993, the Hess Oil Corporation's fleet was acquired by Leevac Marine Incorporated of Jennings, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Stapleton Service.
In 1997, Leevac Marine Incorporated merged with Hornbeck Offshore Services of Covington, Louisiana. The two companies formed Hornbeck Offshore Transportation Services of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2008, she was acquired by the Kosnac Floating Derrick Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed the Fred K. II.
In 2009, the tug was chartered by Miller's Tug and Launch Incorporated of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Freddie K. Miller.
In 2011, she was acquired by Miller's Tug and Launch Incorporated. Where she retained her name.
In 2016, Miller's Tug and Launch Incorporated renamed the tug as the Michael Miller.
Powered by two, Caterpillar 398 diesel engines. With Caterpillar reduction gears, at a ratio of 4:1. Turning two, high efficiency, four bladed, 76(in) by 52(in), fixed pitch propellers. She is a twin screw tug, rated 1,500 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by two, 65kW Caterpillar generator sets. The tug's capacities are 18,000 gallons of fuel.