Built in 1957, by Staten Island Shipbuilding in Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York (hull #8518) as the Nazareth for the Erie Lackawanna Railway Company of New York, New York.
In 1971, the tug was acquired by the Bay Transportation Company of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Palmetto.
In 1996, she was acquired by the River Parishes Company of Lutcher, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Iberville II.
However, in 2007 the River Parishes Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut. Where the Iberville II retained her name.
The tug was scrapped in 2011.
Originally powered by a single Alco 16-251F diesel, with a Falk reduction gear at a ratio of 4:1. The tug was repowered in 1996, she was rated at 3,100 horsepower.
(Harold E. Tartell)