Built in 1943, by Jakobson Shipyard of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #295) as the LT-2 (Maj. Randolph J. Hernandez) for the United Stated Army.
She was later acquired by the Dauntless Towing Line of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Dauntless No. 15.
In 1955, the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York acquired the Dauntless Towing Line. Where the tug was renamed as the Julia C. Moran.
In 1963, the tug was transferred to the Moran Towing Subsidiary, the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the Sparrows Point.
In 1971, the tug was renamed as the Accomac.
In 1973, she was then returned to the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Doris Moran.
In 1980, tug was acquired by Crescent Towing and Salvage Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Sparta.
She is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.