Built in 1969, by Ingalls Iron Works Company of Decatur, Alabama (hull #1682) as the Esso Connecticut for Esso Shipping of Wilmington, Delaware.
In 1973, she was renamed as the Exxon Connecticut.
(It is unclear by whom and when she was renamed as the Great Gull.)
In 1993, she was acquired by the Eklof Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York where she retained her name.
In 2007, she was purchased by the Panamanian Company Bunker Pro, and was renamed as the Great Cristobal. She was reported to be in service providing bunkering services in the vicinity of the Panama Canal.
Powered by two Caterpillar D 398 PC main engines, with Schottel outboard drives for rated 1,700 horsepower.