Built in 1944, by Liberty Drydock Incorporated of Brooklyn, New York (hull# 44) as the Harold A. Reinauer for the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York.
She was later transferred to the Boston Fuel Transportation Company of East Boston, Massachusetts (a subsidy of the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York.) Where she retained her name.
In 1991, she was acquired by undisclosed foreign interests. Where she was renamed as the Recovery III.
The tanker is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown.