Built in 1955, by RTC Shipbuilding of Camden, New Jersey (hull #232) as the tug Holland for the Baker Whiteley Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
In 1991, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed Barbara McAllister.
It is unknown when she was placed out of service by McAllister Towing and Transportation. However as of 2004, she is reported as scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.