Built in 1985, by Eastern Marine, Incorporated of Panama City, Florida (hull #91) as the Winslow C. Kelsey for the General Dynamics Corporation of Needham, Massachusetts.
Originally built to perform submarine assist, and coastal towing duties for the General Dynamics Corporation at their Electric Boat facility in Groton, Connecticut.
Named for Winslow "Skip" Kelsey. An employee of the General Dynamics Electric Boat Division in Groton, Connecticut. Who in 1955 was honorably discharged from the United States Coast Guard Lighthouse Service. Upon retiring he sailed as Master the Electric Boat Corporation tugs Hackensack and Three Deuces. He also sailed as master on the tug that was bore is namesake. Captain Winslow Kelsey passed away in 2009.
Around 1990, the tug was chartered to American Tugs Incorporated of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Where the tug retained her name. She served as an assist tug at the LNG Terminal in Guayanilla, Pueto Rico.
In 1997, she went on charter to the A.P. St. Phillip Company of Tampa, Florida. Where she retained her name.
In 1998, the A.P. St. Phillip Company was acquired by Hvide Marine of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2008, she was acquired by Arthur Fournier of the Fournier Towing and Ship Service of Belfast, Maine. Where she retained her name. And, served as an escort/assist tug in the New England.
Powered by two EMD 16-645-E6 diesel engines. With two Ulstein 1650 "z-drive" units fitted with two 92(in) stainless steel propellers. For a rated 4,300 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two 175kW/480V generators. Driven by two Detroit Diesel 8V-71 diesel engines.
The tug's capacities are 58,208 gallons of fuel oil, 911 gallons of lube oil, 10,000 gallons of ballast, and 7,692 gallons of water. She is an ABS, A1 Towing, AMS classed tug.
The towing gear consists of a Skagit 55 single drum towing winch. Outfitted with 2,400(ft) of 2.25(in) stainless steel wire with a line pull of 175,000 pounds. On her bow she is fitted with a JonRie Series 230 winch, and a Skagit capstan on her stern.
In 2012, the tug was acquired by McAllister Towing and Transportation of New York, New York. Where the she was renamed as the Alex McAllister.
(Chris Scarborough, Brandon Durar)