Built in 1966, by Equitable Equipment Company of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #1428) as the tug New Haven for Red Star Towing of New York, New York.
In 1977, Red Star Towing was acquired by Amerada Hess (Hess Corporation) of New York, New York. To form the Spentonbush-Red Star Companies of Brooklyn, New York. Where the tug retained her name. However, eventually Spentonbush-Red Star would become the Hess Oil Corporation's marine division.
In 1993, the Amerada Hess Fleet was acquired by Leevac Marine of Jennings, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Stapleton Service.
In 1997, Leevac Marine merged with Hornbeck Offshore of Covington, Louisiana. The two companies formed Hornbeck Offshore Transportation. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2008, she was acquired by the Kosnac Floating Derrick, Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed the Fred K. II.
In 2009, she was chartered (with the option to buy) to Miller's Launch of Staten Island, New York where she was renamed as the Freddie K. Miller. In 2011, the tug was acquired by Miller's Launch.
She is powered by two Caterpillar 398 diesel engines. With Caterpillar reduction gears at a 4:1 ratio. Turning two fixed pitch, high efficiency, four bladed 76(in) by 52(in) propellers for a rated 1,500 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by two Caterpillar generators rated at 65kw.