Built in 1943, by George S. Lawley and Sons of Neponset, Massachusetts (hull #1302) as the DPC 14 for the United States Army.
The tug was later redesignated as the WSA 1 .
In the late 1940's the tug was sold and renamed as the Frank W. Spencer .
She was eventually acquired by Turecamo Maritime where she was renamed as the Matt Turecamo . However, the tug was reefed off of the New Jersey coast in 1996.