Built in 1944, by George S. Lawley and Sons of Neponset, Massachusetts (hull #1322) as the DPC 33 for the United States Army.
Later in the 1940's the tug was sold and renamed as the Sea King .
The tug was then acquired by White Stack Towing where she was renamed as the S.H. Coppedge .
In 1978, Turecamo Maritime acquired White Stack Towing where the tug was renamed as the Kimberly J. Turecamo. However, the tug was sunk as a reef in 1991.