Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
NASH

Built in 1944, by Jakobson Shipyard of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #5) as the MAJ. Elisha K. Henson for the United States Army.

The tug was later transferred to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers where she was renamed as the Nash .

In 1988, the tug was retired from service and placed in preservation at Oswego, New York.


  • Vessel Name: NASH
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise, Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 5
  • Ship Builder: JAKOBSON SHIPYARD
  • Year Built: 1944
  • Length: 113
  • Gross Tonnage: 271
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    MAJ. Elisha K. Henson
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Army, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers