Built in 1945, by Marietta Manufacturing of Point Pleasant, West Virginia (hull #LT 815) as the LT-815 for the United States Army.
In 1964, the tug was acquired by Foss Launch and Tug of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Henry Foss.
In 1984, she was acquired by the Hannah Maritime Corporation of Lemont, Illinois. Where she was renamed as the Kristin Lee Hannah.
In 2000, the tug was laid-up and renamed as the David E.
In 2009, she was sold at US Marshalls auction to Calumet River Fleeting of Chicago, Illinois. Her current and or final disposition is unknown.
She was rated at 1,800 horsepower.