Built in 1942, by the Puget Sound Bridge and Dredging Company of Seattle, Washington (hull #24) as the YTL-362 for the United States Navy.
In 1961, the tug was acquired by Foss Tug and Launch of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Roger Foss.
In 1976, she was acquired by the Pacific Towboat and Salvage Company of Long Beach, California. Where she was renamed as the San Jacinto.
The Pacific Towboat and Salvage Company was operated as a component of the Dillingham Corporation of Seattle, Washington. As part of a restructuring in 1986, along with all other Dillingham maritime transportation operations, the company was placed under the Foss Maritime Company.
In 1987, the Foss Maritime Company and its subsidiaries were acquired by Saltchuk Resources Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1988, the tug was acquired by Boat Service Incorporated of Newport Beach, California. Where she was restored as a private yacht, and was renamed as the William B.
On October 31st 2015, the tug caught fire and sank while moored near Newport Harbor Yacht Club in Newport Beach, California. Listed as a total loss, and was later salvaged and was "laid-up" at San Pedro, California. She was powered by a single Caterpillar D-348 diesel engine.