Built in 1966, by the Martinoloch Shipbuilding Company of Tacoma, Washington as the Myrtle Foss for Foss Maritime of Tacoma, Washington.
In 2002, the tug was acquired by C and O Marine Incorporated of Ketchikan, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Nissavery.
In 2005, she was acquired by Olson Marine Incorporated of Ward Cove, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Avery O.
Powered by two, Caterpillar diesel engines. Turning two, five bladed stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers, for a rated 850 horsepower.
The tug's capacities are 16,000 gallons of fuel, and 3,800 gallons of potable water.
Her towing gear consists of a Foss winch mounted on her bow. And a Foss towing winch mounted on her stern. Outfitted with 1500(ft) of 1 3/8(in) towing wire.