Built in 1976, by Fairhaven Shipyard Incorporated of Bellingham, Washington (hull #48) as the Sandra Foss for the Foss Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington.
Powered by two, EMD 8-645-E7 diesel engines. With Falk 1230 MRVF-C reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.08:1. Turning two, four bladed, 98(in) by 89(in), Coolidge, fixed pitch propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. For a rated 2,800 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 115kW generator sets. Driven by two, Detroit Diesel 6V-71 engines. The tug's capacities are 85,000 gallons of fuel, 125 gallons of lube oil, 2,500 gallons of hydraulic oil, and 10,600 gallons of ballast.
The towing equipment consists of a Burrand HJ-D, double drum, towing winch. Outfitted with 2.200(ft) of 2(in) towing wire on each drum. Driven by a dedicated Detroit Diesel 6V-71 diesel engine. A Foss bow winch, outfitted with 150(ft) of 1-1/8(in) ship wire. And, a Kinematics, hydraulic davit. Mounted on the 02 deck.