Built in 1966, by Burton Shipyard Incorporated of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #369) as the Socrates.
In 1997, the tug was acquired by the Allied Transportation Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2012, she was acquired by Runner Marine Limited. A division of Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited of Lagos, Nigeria, Africa. Where the tug retained her name.
She was powered by two, eight cylinder, Fairbanks Morse diesel engines. Her main engines where taken from two retired Long Island Railroad locomotives (#1504 and #1509). The engines where rebuilt before being installed. She was a twin screw tug, rated at 3,200 horsepower.
(William Lafferty, Paul Strubeck)