Built in 1920, by Dachel Carter Shipbuilding of Benton Harbor, Michigan as the Leopard the for United States Shipping Board.
In 1926, she was transferred to the United States Coast Guard, where she retained her designation.
In 1935, the tug was acquired by the Providence Steamboat Company of Providence, Rhode Island. Where she retained her name.
In 1947, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Charles D. McAllister.
In 1953, the tug was scrapped. She was powered by a single, steam engine. The tug was single screw, rated at 700 horsepower.